Passing is a very underrated part of basketball, but it should be stressed more, especially to younger kids learning the game. If you look at some of the great passers in the game today, they can make passes in different ways to make sure that the ball gets to where it is supposed to and on time. This basketball passing drill will help you become a better passer.
This basketball drill will work on the correct way to make the wrap-around pass. This type of pass will be used when there is a defender in the passing lane, or maybe you are trying to feed the post. A great way to help get this pass off is by using a pass fake first. Executing all of the different basic passes like the wrap-around pass is a basketball fundamental that every player should work to master.
Basketball Drill Overview
Drill Name: Wrap Around Pass Basketball Drill
Equipment Needed: 1 Basketball and a partner or a wall.
Similar Basketball Drills and Resources
Goals of the Drill
- Improve passing, technique, and court vision.
- Focus on making accurate passes and snapping them on a line.
- Try to hit your partner in the hands.
- Don’t raise up out of an athletic stance when you make the pass.
- Practice making the pass stepping with both feet.
- If you don’t have a partner, you can use a wall.
Basketball Drill Instructions
- Face your partner with 10-12 feet in between you and one basketball per group.
- Get in an athletic stance and pivot step around the imaginary defender in front of you, and snap a wrap-around chest pass with your right hand to your partner.
- The other player will catch the ball and repeat the wrap around passing motion back.
- Continue this back and forth pattern for 30 seconds and then switch to the left hand for 30 seconds.