This is a pretty basic basketball passing drill, but it is perfect for younger players to learn how to make a wrap-around pass and get a lot of repetitions at it. The player must learn to develop the correct basketball fundamentals of passing the correct way and then cement the movement down with repetition. A big key to this type of pass is making sure that it is on a straight line to the receiver, don’t let the ball float, or it may get tipped or stolen in a real game.
This type of pass will be used to get a pass off against the outstretched hands of a defender. It is pretty similar to a chest pass, but because the defense has their hands in the passing lane, you need to reach around them to make the pass. This is an excellent basketball drill to use during practice or a basketball camp because it allows many players to participate in the drill without taking up a lot of space.
Basketball Drill Overview
Drill Name: Wrap Around Two Ball Partner Passing Basketball Drill
Equipment Needed: 2 basketballs and a partner.
Similar Basketball Drills and Resources
- Steve Nash Wrap Around Partner Passing Basketball Drill
- Wrap Around Bounce Pass Basketball Drill
- Wrap Around Pass Basketball Drill
Goals of the Drill
- Practice the wrap-around pass with a partner.
- Work on getting out around the imaginary defender.
- Snap your passes and do your best to be as accurate as you can.
- Make sure that your footwork is correct.
Basketball Drill Instructions
- Each player is going to start with a basketball and facing each other about 8 feet apart.
- At the same time, they will step out to the right and make a wrap-around chest pass to each other.
- They will catch their partner’s pass and then immediately go into the next repetition.
- After 15-20 seconds, switch hands, and repeat the drill.